1st live meeting: DPC afternoon meeting for all new PI’s
The Dutch Physics Council (DPC) invites all new principal investigators (PI’s) for an informal afternoon meeting on Monday 3 April 2023 at NH Koningshof. This informative meeting may help you to familiarise yourself with various aspects of the Dutch research landscape.
Please register before 27 March 2023 via this link. (free entrance)
Why should you join this meeting?
How do the Dutch funding instruments work? Are there any special opportunities for you as new PI’s? How to become (even more) engaged with the scientific community in The Netherlands? These and many more questions will be addressed in an informative meeting which is organised for all new group leaders and principal investigators (PI’s), active in any field of physics. We especially encourage participation of those who came to The Netherlands in the last years. This meeting helps you to familiarise yourself with various aspects of the Dutch research landscape and is organised by the Dutch Physics Council, with support of the NWO Round Table Physics.
What is the programme?
This afternoon meeting is scheduled prior to the Monday evening group leader meeting on 3 April 2023 at NH Koningshof in Veldhoven. The programme is:
- 16:00 Opening by Kobus Kuipers (chair DPC)
- 16:15 ‘NWO – Dutch Research Council’ by Sandra de Keijzer (Head Chemistry & Physics at NWO)
- 16:30 ‘What makes a good research proposal?’ by Mark Golden (professor at UvA)
- 16:45 ‘Importance of connecting’ by Erik Garnett (professor at AMOLF)
- 17:00 ‘Dutch culture & communication’ by Petra Rudolf (professor at RUG)
- ~17:15 Drinks and networking, at the Group leader reception of NWO Physics conference
DPC meeting is held in Room 65, followed by drinks in the Baroniezaal.